Birchbox

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bargain Hunting: Le Metier de Beaute Sale

I have heard of this makeup line for a while now. I specifically always wanted to try out their kaleidoscope eye kit. The eyeshadows retails for $95 at Barneys, Neiman Marcus etc. When I was in Paris, shopping at Printemps, I came across a makeup sale section. This is not common to see at a department store in the states. I searched around and only found single eyeshadows in bright greens, and blues. Then I discovered their lip glosses. I grabbed a few, not knowing how much they were going to be, because there was no price on them. All I knew, was that Le Metier de Beaute products do not go on sale in the states. I also decided to pick up a black eyeliner. When I was done being rung up at the register my grand total in American dollars was $32. When I got back to my hotel room, I went on the Ipad and saw that at Neiman Marcus, a lip gloss retails for $32. I managed to get over $138 of products for the price of one lip gloss. Obviously, I was thrilled with my findings, and began kicking myself for not having stocked up on more. It was too late to go back, because my flight was the next morning. Lesson learned, if you see a good deal, stock up! Also, I discovered that I am obsessed with their lip glosses, they are not sticky at all, and have fine glitter in them. They also last for a long time, which is not typical of a lipgloss. The eyeliner is the stand out product. In America it retails for $42. It's one of the best eyeliners I have ever used.

  • Lipgloss in Dubai
  • Lip Creme in Peche
  • Lip Creme in Sweet Creme
  • Precision Liquid Eyeliner in Noir



Sweet Creme, Dubai, Peche 

No comments:

Post a Comment